The latest purchase - 1992 Raleigh Dyna-Tech Diablo

Thank you. Just going to give it a proper clean and service and maybe a period(ish) saddle. Looking forward to see what you do with yours!
Thanks. Likewise.

Are you on the Raleigh Dyna-Tech Facebook page? I feel like I recognise the bike, size tyre configuration etc?

I’m not on Facebook, sorry but now I’m curious! Will check out. Picked up from second hand bike shop in Belfast. I’m not sure if the tyres are original. In the catalogue they seemed to be Blackwall. Thanks for taking an interest.

That tallies up with it then!

Someone had posted the advert for it on our page, and it was in Ireland!

Yeah, the original tyres were black wall. CST ones.

Afternoon all.

Well, I woke up this morning knowing I wanted to get a bit done in the garage to my bikes.

I didn't think I would be doing the following to the Dyna-Tech Diablo today though!

Had a quick look at what I have and where I want to use certain parts, and I kept thinking back to the 1992 Dyna-Tech Diablo RS spec list I have.

I bought the Rock Shox MAG 30 with the intention of using them on my 1992 Raleigh Summit, but I have a pair of rigid forks ideal for it. I also have a pair of rigid Spinner forks for the Diablo, but who knows, I can maybe even swap them about as I fancy in the future, we shall see.

I gave the bike a good old going over with Muc Off, and then looked at what I was left with. Not too bad, I knew it wasn't an overly mint frame, but usable nonetheless.

As ever, a load of photos to upload, so here we go!

Diablo Sunday 1.jpg

Diablo Sunday 10.jpg

Diablo Sunday 3.jpg

Diablo Sunday 2.jpg

Diablo Sunday 4.jpg

Diablo Sunday 5.jpg

Diablo Sunday 7.jpg

Diablo Sunday 6.jpg

Diablo Sunday 8.jpg

Diablo Sunday 9.jpg

Back