The end is nigh: Kona Bikes

Just read that Kent have appointed a new CFO after the Sea Otter pull-out... Strange that, hopefully means someone's head rolled for messing with Kona? (We can live in hope can't we?)

...or someone to execute a wind-down. I mean, who would allow the announcement of a new bike at the same time as this...

got a dealer video message from Mount Green (Kona UK) as a dealer i'm supposed to be tight lipped but basically Kona UK is still going to being going, it's more of a global issue. also i think the publicity has come out so mentioning that it's continuing should be ok

"kent outdoors are pulling out of bikes, US and EU more affected, the brand is in a really strong UK position"

it looks like the brand will continue with the distributors around the world becoming Kona in their countries if that makes sense because there are lots of separate companies that import/partially own the brand.

got a dealer video message from Mount Green (Kona UK) as a dealer i'm supposed to be tight lipped but basically Kona UK is still going to being going, it's more of a global issue. also i think the publicity has come out so mentioning that it's continuing should be ok

"kent outdoors are pulling out of bikes, US and EU more affected, the brand is in a really strong UK position"

it looks like the brand will continue with the distributors around the world becoming Kona in their countries if that makes sense because there are lots of separate companies that import/partially own the brand.

Hahaha, so since you let the cat out the bag...

...this is what I heard too, admittedly more bleak because the brand is global and how they'll carve that up lord knows. They were, and I don't know if they finished, shifting EU and UK distribution from Monaco to...Northern Ireland. I joked they should have used Wiggle/Chain Reaction stores 🤣 There's been other changes too that I won't mention until we know a bit more publicly.

Yep, the UK has always been a strong performer which on the one hand is brill, and still puzzles me given some of the very valid observations made on the thread so far.

Last edited:
Back