Technicycle Daniel Hanart Broggio any love knowledge, 1" headsets....

Justonemorebike

Dirt Disciple
A few months back I bought a random nice looking (to me) aluminium frame mainly for the 1" carbon forks.

The original Cannondale I was buying parts for project got shelved for building this up.
It rides really well very nicely balanced. And not too harsh like the early Cannondale.
I have established it was made by a famous french maker and painted by Broggio but other than that I a struggling to date the frame, I was wondering if anyone knew anything about it.

When did 1" headsets stop being used 95, 96?

Attachments

• IMG_20211130_143526_499.jpg
    IMG_20211130_143526_499.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 22
1" threadless headsets were in use up to the early 2000's before 1" 1/8 head tubes became the standard.
Some better pictures would help but at a guess I would say it dates from the late 90's. By the early 2000's a lot of frame builders were adding carbon chainstays and seatstays to aluminium frames.
Unusual to see what appears to be a race number tag on the underside of the top tube? Also there appears to be a single grub screw type fixing for the seatpost similar to the Vitus frames. Never heard of the frame builder but looks to be a nice purchase.

Well spotted yes it does appear to be a race number tag takes a 5mm screw by the looks of it. I suspect it was a custom build.

I am not sure if the forks are original or an update for steel or aluminium.
The builder has a web site that shows his work and history.

He made
Jeannie Longo's hour record bike in 1985

1995 : bike of the 100km record
1998 : French champion's bike on the track
I am trying to remember when parallel top tubes were phased out? Late 90's?
it has bar shifter cable fittings on the bottom of the headtube so must be from around when bifters and or bar end shifters were used on road bikes although bar end goes bake to the 60's.

I tried contacting the builder by email but didn't get a reply.

Back