Sold Talbot : "Designing and Building Your Own Frameset"

jim haseltine

Retro Guru
First edition "Designing and Building Your Own Frameset : An Illustrated Guide for the Amateur Bicycle Builder" by Richard P Talbot, hardback, ISBN 0-9602418-1-7.
Cover protected with clear adhesive plastic as encouraged by British schools back in the in dim and distant days of my youth. Has been read a few times but the overall condition of the book is good with little in the way of marks or stains (the fore-edge of the leaves have a minor coloured mark). One of the 'notes' charts has been drawn up with reference fork rakes for 700c wheels and there are a few places where there is light evidence of some annotation having been erased, mostly conversions of temperatures from Fahrenheit to Celsius.

I ran a Google search for this book - judging from the prices being asked it appears that dealers consider it to be printed with diamond ink on gold leaf pages and bound in the skins of some long-extinct animal. Well, I'm not a dealer, I'm just tidying bookshelves so £35 including postage within the UK.

Back