Suntour XC Pro Rear Mech decals?

Gtpulse

Dyna-Tech Fan
Hiya,

I’ve acquired a mechanically good but cosmetically scabby XC Pro rear mech. I don’t have a particular use for it yet but am wondering if I can get it somewhere close to its former glory.

I’m thinking of sanding out and polishing the scratches in the alloy, masking it off then a coat of satin black on the body of the mech. The stumbling block is replacing the “XC Pro” silver writing.

Has anyone tried this/ know where I can get the decals from? I’ve scoured the web and retro decals but can’t find anything.

Thanks in advance!

Jon

Just how bad is it?
I touched mine up with a black magic marker / Sharpie, but it only had some minor scratches.
Post a picture if you can.
Steve

Re:

This photo is with “1 coat” of magic marker over the scratches.

I think I could probably get away with masking the decal and just try to be careful with a light sanding and repaint of the black part. Even at a distance it looks scruffy.

Attachments

• 3A881E43-BAE4-4CB0-AD97-506C0AAB81FE.jpeg
    3A881E43-BAE4-4CB0-AD97-506C0AAB81FE.jpeg
    139.1 KB · Views: 420
I don't know if the logo is a decal or if it was painted.
If it were me, I think I would clean / polish the clear anodized aluminum and leave the black alone.
There is a guy that I've seen that will make decals. I think he could make these if you want to strip and repaint the black section.
Helps if I add the link!
https://velocals.com/new-product-requests/

Re:

A stencil of the decals, paint and clear cost would look great if you can get a stencil made of course.

Latest posts

Back