Stunt riding on a Carbon road Bike.

Can't watch the video (in work!), but is it the one of Martyn Ashton on the Raleigh Road Bike?

If it's not, try to find it because that's AWESOME!

Skills.

Crazy that carbon road bikes these days are capable of stuff that would have had Trek OCLV riders worried for their frames BITD. Great PR for Raleigh.

Madness.

It is the 'martyn ashton' video.

I say 'martyn ashton' as he is sat in the van at the end when 'martyn ashton' approaches martyn ashton?

Russell":2sg9z2vp said:
Skills.

Crazy that carbon road bikes these days are capable of stuff that would have had Trek OCLV riders worried for their frames BITD. Great PR for Raleigh.

Madness.

Yeah, no doubt the frame is up to it, someone commented on the wheels and tyres, "edited to fix multiple punctures, buckles" etc, i recon modern road wheels are plenty strong, and the tyres were probably at 150 psi.

I've seen this before and agree is amazing looking but I'm as dubious now as when I first seen it as to how many component failures there were. Afterall its not one continuous take but the stitching together of many sections of footage. I would be surprised if the wheels survived all that intact and unsurprised if the original frame and fork did not make it all the way through the filming !

velomaniac":i2jf4czq said:
I've seen this before and agree is amazing looking but I'm as dubious now as when I first seen it as to how many component failures there were. Afterall its not one continuous take but the stitching together of many sections of footage. I would be surprised if the wheels survived all that intact and unsurprised if the original frame and fork did not make it all the way through the filming !

I saw this at the time too and remember some of the comments.They were saying there was many failures but the bike frame survived ok :?
Great vid to watch all the same :cool:

Back