Sold Specialized rockhopper 19" / large

slackboy

Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
Putting this up for sale. It's not actually a 97 model it's a 99. But if a rigid steel rockhopper doesn't epitomise the ethos of retrobike what does? :)

The bike is mostly original except for

* Shifters - these are more modern deore 9 speed ones
* Front mech. Upgrade from stx to deore lx to match the rest of the groupset
* Grips

The Saddle and seatpost aren't original either, and here we come to the rub .

At some point the seat post seized and was freed with heat. The set cluster has been diy repainted to an ok standard but the seatpost is now shimmed to 26.8 and the shim is pretty solid in the tube.

I bought this as a turbo trainer bike. It's been stripped down, lubed and given new brake blocks. The bearings are ok, but will need regreasing and rear wheel is out of true vertically.

At some point this bike was well loved and someone took time to fix the seatpost but didn't have the cash to do a perfect job. It's a shame as the rest of the frame is pretty immaculate.

I'm asking £50 for this. It's worth way more in parts but hopefully one of you would like it as a pub bike or can pass it on to someone who needs transport.

At that price it's really not worth posting but if you are that keen paisley freight charge £45 these days and I can get a bike box easily enough.

I'm in East Lancashire and work in central Manchester. Happy to meet upto , say, an hour away from there .

Anyway here are some pictures, please get in touch if you are interested

Note, the seat and seat clamp aren't included. Everything else you can see is.
. PXL_20230716_154130922.jpg
PXL_20230716_154137037.jpg

. PXL_20230716_154145924.jpg

Back