Sold! IBIS SILK TI Medium

nausea

Retro Guru
**FRAME ONLY plus King headset and Salsa seatclamp: £950 posted in EU**

This is the Medium sized version and compatible only with V’s. Frame is in very good condition – no major scuffs or scratches. Photos show give a fair indication of the condition of the decal.

**Also offering as a COMPLETE BIKE for £1700**

Spec is as follows:

- FRAME: Ibis Silk Ti (medium)

- FORKS: Rock Shox SID World Cup (Black Box one piece carbon crown/steerer)

- WHEELS: Mavic Crossland (disc compatible hubs). Used with discs for most of their life so braking surface is in superb condition.

- STEM: Answer ATAC

- BARS: Answer Hyperlite

- HEADSET: Chris King (only done about 100 miles)

- BB: Hope Ceramic

- CHAINSET: Modified XTR with Middleburn 32t ring (ring only done about 100 miles)

- MECH: XTR

- THUMBSHIFTER: Suntour (not sure of the exact model)

- CASSETTE: XTR (largest two sprockets are Ti)

- BRAKES: XTR V

- PEDALS: Shimano SPD (not sure of the exact model – were about £40 new on eBay – could supply without pedals for £20 less)

- QRs: Hope

- SEAT QR: Salsa

There are three components on the build pictured that I have changed since the photos were taken: Tyres, saddle and brake levers.

Saddle: Brooks Swift has been swapped to Selle Italia Tri2.
Tyres: Hutchinson Bulldogs have been swapped to nearly new Charge Splashback 1.8s.
Brake Levers: Dia Compe MX88’s have been swapped to Deore XT. (pics of swapped components to follow).

A couple of final things to note in the interests of fair play…

I’ve removed the original finish on the cranks with wet and dry paper – they are not polished as per my original intention. If you want them to look perfect, a bit of a polish wouldn’t hurt them.

Also, the forks are missing the Poploc spring which got damaged during a service (my fault!). I’ve been using the forks as normal though, I’m sure it would be a simple matter to replace provided you can find an old spring of some knackered SIDs circa ‘04/’05. The lockout function does still works by manually turning the blue lockout knob on top of the right stantion (I’ve not tried this while riding though although I’m sure it’s technically possible!) On the plus side regarding the forks, I bought them in 2004, used them for a year, replaced with some Reba’s and then have only recently resurrected them so they have only had about 18 months use and done just 100 miles since last service.

Otherwise, all componentry in excellent condition.

Lastly, forgive me if I struggle to answer any specific questions about measurements or supply any extra photos in the next few days because the bike is currently stashed at my folks’ house.

Thanks for reading this far!

Attachments

• SilkTi5.jpg
    SilkTi5.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 974
  • SilkTi4.jpg
    SilkTi4.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 973
  • SilkTi3.jpg
    SilkTi3.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 974
  • SilkTi2.jpg
    SilkTi2.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 974
Re: IBIS SILK TI Medium : : SID World Cup, King, Hope, XTR etc

Interested in the forks if you do decide to split

Re:

Thanks for the interest, will pm you if they become available.

Going to keep the complete bike on here for another week or two before I consider splitting.

If there's interest for the frame only I might consider splitting a bit sooner though...

Re: IBIS SILK TI Medium : : SID World Cup, King, Hope, XTR etc

Really great frame (titanium, pivotless design, etc). Best of luck with your sale.

Back