so i started a bike shop. update 24/04/24

@brocklanders023 no, i haven't ridden it in ages and i saw some stuff about converting older bikes in gravel bikes, it turns out the 2007 clockwork might be spot on for a conversion, i'm in the process of building some wheels for it, gonna put 700x38 tyres if they fit the rear end, 35mm defo fits, i tried a customers wheel to see what i could get away with, got the bars etc ready, looking forward to doing it over the next couple of weeks.

got a bit more done in the showroom, the wheels are sorted but not yet hung from the rafters, that's the next thing, got some more bikes coming as well, a couple of Genesis gravel bikes, the entry level ones, with higher end bikes due in july. the flags cover the messy stuff on the shelves, the rack to the left is for customers bikes in for repair when complete, the mtb's on the bottom of the stand is stuff for sale, there is a Rocky Mountian Solo and an Orange Speedwork for sale on top, one used road bike bargain and a few retro bikes in process of being sorted.

View attachment 833361
You've got mine (🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿) and my wife's (🇳🇿) flags!!! 😍

@brocklanders023 actually i just realised you meant the new "Aluminium O" not my old Clockwork! technically it is for sale, but i'm not fussed if it doesn't sell, i may have it for myself at some point.

@27motorhead the kiwi flag is because i used to live in Wellington, the Welsh flag because i like riding there, the other flags are just silly ones for the fun of it.

I don't suppose you have any SRAM direct mount chainrings (to fit NX or GX cranks) in 36 tooth, do you?

PS I heartily approve of what you are doing for your customer with that Team Raleigh.

@grahame i have got some but not 36t, i just checked on the suppliers website and i can't see them listed, biggest i can see is 34t, and there are 2 offsets, 3mm and 6mm, if you want that size i'd go for a Pilo ring from Gearmechhanger. i checked and they do list that size.

@grahame i have got some but not 36t, i just checked on the suppliers website and i can't see them listed, biggest i can see is 34t, and there are 2 offsets, 3mm and 6mm, if you want that size i'd go for a Pilo ring from Gearmechhanger. i checked and they do list that size.
Thanks for looking Jonny, I already have a 34t suitable for a non-boost bike (which is what I'll use it for - NX crank going onto my Planet-X Jack Flash pump track singlespeed). Sorry to have wasted your time on a futile hunt.

The next time I'm down your way, I'll be sure to pop into your shop, to say "Thank you, please have a coffee on me" and to buy something off you.

another little update.

i did a stocktake on april 5th, which also means the shop is now 8 years old! considering the logic was "see how it goes" when i started i think that's pretty good. regards the stock take, for god sake man stop buying stuff!!

i got a little frustrated on the day i did it though, see the shop door sign! :LOL:
stocktake.jpg

i also started shadow foaming some of my tool drawers, it's something i have wanted to do for a while, with the suspension tools it's about protecting them, my main drawer might look like an odd mix but essentially it's all the common go to tools in one drawer, basically i can pretty much strip an entire bike from that drawer, also this leaves the Park Tool spanner/allen keys/cones spanners on the display board which kind of looks neat and tidy for that "park tool blue" wall.

main drawer
drawer1.jpg

suspension tool drawer
sus drawer.jpg

spoke tool drawer
wheel drawer.jpg

i also moved the upstairs around again, i think this is the final placing though, most of the wheels are now hanging from the roof, this means i have now got room for a display where all the wheels were, was thinking of getting some grid wall and doing a high end wheel display, i have Hope and Industry Nine in stock, might as well show those off.

upstairs
shop pic3.jpg

also got some retro stuff on display
shop pic2.jpg

more retro:-
shop pic.jpg

alos had an interesting fork in for a sort out, a friend asked about getting a pair of Fox 40 DH forks sorted out, he bought them off a guy while riding up at Dyfi park park, Fox asked for the serial number for parts quote and look what i found! my guess is these belonged to Rachel Atherton, they are 27.5 and set to 180mm, i'm sure Gee and Dan were running 200mm, so i think there is a good chance these were world cup winning forks.
fox1.jpg
fox2.jpg

another thing is i am now a Genesis dealer, sold a couple already
here's a Broadway, quite like this.
broadway.jpg

Latest posts

Back