Skips a ratio - regardless of how finely tuned

Re: Re:

SamOsborne":2woaxa9n said:
Once Had a similar issue before realising I was using a 9 speed shifter on a road bike setup with an 8 speed cassette and a ratio that was never going to index correctly.

Bent derailleur or hanger symptoms are similar although it could be as simple as a worn ferrule on the outers.

You’ll find the answer and kick yourself no doubt:)
I guess I need a 9 speed cassette

Failing that, the cable line needs to be slick s othere is minimum sticking. The outer around the seat cluster has about three kinks more than it need to. Cut the outer to be a smooth curve between the cable stops.

Went to my local and they looked and didn't want to know as Alloy once piece. If they snap it then end of frame. So much confidence in their abilities !! So bought the correct tool from crc. Fixed it but it was a bit trial an error. As in bend then test then bend and try. I had no cables as SRAM AXS Eagle XX1

hamster":2rv6cdew said:
Failing that, the cable line needs to be slick s othere is minimum sticking. The outer around the seat cluster has about three kinks more than it need to. Cut the outer to be a smooth curve between the cable stops.
I’ve since sorted the cabling out - I’d run out. It’s an 8 speed LX shifter with Mega 9 LX mech - and an 8 speed cassette - it’s weird as sometimes it works -
I guess I’ll have to get an 8 speed rear mech to test

Re:

I’ve got a LX M567 mech for sale

Or if you went opposite way I’ve got LX M560 mega 9 shifters too.

Re:

Sorry - shifters are M570 mega 9 LX I’ve got

I’ve got LX M567 mech , a LX M570 mech , a XTR M951 mech and a XT M750 mech. All for sale On here of any use.

Latest posts

Back