Sid rct3 help

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I recently bought a sid rct3 fork second hand, a 26er of unknown year.

All the reading up I've done suggests the compression damper has a 3 click system which varies the compression from open to locked. However mine has 5 clicks, plus everything I've read online suggests there should also be an adjuster that allows the adjusting of low speed compression, looks like the threshold adjuster on other forks I've got. The fork i have is missing this.

If I remove the blue rct3 knob, there is nothing under it that would allow the lsc dial to fit on.

I'm confused. Was there an rct3 damper without the lsc adjustability? Mine definitely has 5 clicks with the blue dial, was there another damper without the lsc? Is it even an rct3? Have I got a frankenfork with a different damper?

Any help on working out what I have gratefully received as I want to service it and if possible, return it back to how it should be. I have dials and other dampers but not sure if any are rct3, probably rlc and no idea if compatible with the rest of the assembly.

Thanks

Re:

That's my thinking too. I've got a spare rlt damper I will probably use instead. As far as I can work out, greater adjustability than the rct3 I.e no presets.

Back