Show us your campervan, caravan or rv thread

Bought this van 2nd hand (with no VAT!) in 2016. Plain plyed out courier van for taking the lad to MTB races. It was then insulated & shelved out for tools, helmets etc with a a couple more windows & extra row of seats so we could take his mates. In 2019 we had it converted into a camper as the lad was now driving himself to events. Going to run it for a few more years hopefully before giving it the lad & getting a bigger van converted for the retirement travels.

The 3 incarnations of our van
DSC00004.JPG NDH Kielder2016-1186.jpg 20230623_175130-01.jpeg

My LWB T4 - I've had it since about 2006. It's a 2000 plate, 1.9 TDI with now nearly 239000 on the clock. Originally bought for moving bikes, and then morphed into a stealth camper. Been all round the UK in it, riding, walking etc.

It's now running a Golf engine (modified), with Galaxy brakes. I've pretty much had the whole thing apart over the years, repairing and modifying. Insulated and carpeted, swivel front seats, little table, plenty of internal storage and a fixed double bed. It has 4x Fiamm batteries (320ah total), so we can run numerous 12v and 220v off an inverter. Diesel heater for off grid adventures, fridge and a chemical loo. Room for 2 bikes and all our gear in the back, awning, chairs etc, all go underneath the bed.

Last night on Skye from our first trip round Scotland.

Full camping setup with drive-away awning.

IKEA carpark in Bristol heading down to Somerset to pick up a shed.

Last edited:
Back