Shimano Uniglide for Golden Arrow

creativewaltz

Dirt Disciple
Hello

I've completed my Golden Arrow Gruppo and I have a cassette that has seen better days. Ebay didn't bring up many results

Does anyone know where to get decent 6 speed uni glide cassettes. Since its friction shifters would a 7 speed cassette work as well?

Thanks

Is the hub one of the later uniglide / hyperglide design, Sheldon brown site has some pictures.

Re:

I might still have a new one in a box on a shelf that I’ll try to get to later. Apologies if I don’t. Pm me to remind me today is going to be a busy day here.

If you can't find a cassette, I've got an unused freehub body which will take both Uniglide and Hyperglide cassettes. It has internal and external lock threads for either type of cassette and the splines fit both. It should be a straight swap onto your hub.

6 or 7 speed will be interchangeable with friction shifters. You'll just need to adjust the limit screws on the derailleur.

Re: Re:

jm":33ftraqc said:
I might still have a new one in a box on a shelf that I’ll try to get to later. Apologies if I don’t. Pm me to remind me today is going to be a busy day here.

Heres me reminding you ha!

Jonny69":17yjvd1l said:
If you can't find a cassette, I've got an unused freehub body which will take both Uniglide and Hyperglide cassettes. It has internal and external lock threads for either type of cassette and the splines fit both. It should be a straight swap onto your hub.

6 or 7 speed will be interchangeable with friction shifters. You'll just need to adjust the limit screws on the derailleur.

Thanks, if one doesnt turn up ill give you a shout!

Back