search

Did you remember to add tags to your threads? If you are having a hard time finding particular threads you can in the search box add a username underneath and it'll only find threads by said user. In this case you.

I don't like the 'new' search personally, not as easy to find posts, seems to show everything, every reply, even message responses. Anyway, I digress.

In the menu (mobile) there is a find threads option below which you can see your own or even those you've replied to.

For your own post, either click on you name and hit Messages (on mobile)

Or tag your user name into the By field on the magnifying glass search

If you know the section it is in go to that section and select 'this forum'
Eg go to catalogue forum section, and use it there, easy.

Need to find a thread but want to keep them together, hit advanced search and have a look in the options there.
(... As threads, right at the bottom, tick)

Bing is shite, needs no recommendation, it should be destroyed. I'm not a Google fanboy, it is just bing really is bad.

The thing the current site search is missing is to be able to change it from 'everywhere' to something actually useful, and to be able to group results by post/thread rather than having every single tedious reply if you don't want to. Makes it quicker to find things in results, especially if the term you have searched for is in a thread title with hundreds of responses, you just get those 100 responses in the results along with the others.

Not saying it doesn't find anything, it just displays it badly and options to make it better aren't there.

It's the kind of thing that I'd make better in my job if this were my site as I do on my companies site.

It doesn't have to be everywhere.
Like I said, go to the forum section and then select this forum there are options.
And then look at advanced search.

(though the
Display results as threads
tick box as an option in the initial drop down would be ace and also to easily jump between it after a search too... )

Quite easy to search catalogue section, Pace in the title only and in date order by threads topics.

Screenshot_20220918_131411.jpg

Last edited:
So if I do a search on say...Merlin and I check the everything box, the search it only brings up 2022 threads.

Back