Scratching That Polishing Itch..1992 Orange Aluminium Elite

All those hours of polishing have rewarded you with a simply beautiful frame and parts
. That's one seriously nice looking build .

Blackers":1d2ytvua said:
All those hours of polishing have rewarded you with a simply beautiful frame and parts
. That's one seriously nice looking build .

Many thanks Blackers, it's definitely been a labour love that will all be coming to fruition soon all being well.... I've have been slacking for a while now but am keen to get this all built as soon as I've sourced a few more bits n bobs. Wheels should be sorted next week, just need to sort a cassette and some tan wall tyres and that's it. :)

Re: Wheels eventually built and sorted....

A nice little update on the wheel front........ Ok, so for some of you purists, I know these aren't period correct but the build for me is about keeping some of the originality but also about putting my own little twist on a few parts to make it stand out which is what I used to do back in the day (when finances allowed :LOL: ).

A lovely low mileage set of Mavic XC717 32 hole rims barely used have been laced to a Hope Ti glide rear hub with sexy NOS Pace RC-50 MT Lock front suspension hub which will pair up just lovely with my refurbished RC-35's :cool:. A big thumbs up to Gil for rustling up my request for some custom 'Pace' decals that are in the same font and colour as my fork decals ;) Both hub are all buttery smooth bearing wise and looking forward to riding them. The blue anodised blue them continues in the way of new NOS end caps for the Pace hub and a mint pair of Hope Ti blue quick release skewers.

bvtY3T3l.jpg

zlU9XmUl.jpg

b1D0I5hl.jpg

Lo6SRJWl.jpg

aWurU4dl.jpg

g4YIcvjl.jpg

Fa2rCXBl.jpg

Have also managed to sort out some Orange Friction Addiction handlebar grips which are in decent condition and will do the job for now.

SmAz5o1l.jpg

Not far off getting everything I need now in terms of bits needed, just need to decide on a cassette and still haven't decided on tyres..... amber/skinwalls for sure but still on the hunt for a decent pair.......

I'm about to start some work on my Aluminium elite, few questions if you would be so kind ;) I have no experience with Orange bikes is it worth re-clear coating, I don't with my Zaskars. Furthermore the is it 'proper' to fit a 1" steer and use a reducer was this the factory standard only that I have mine fitted with a 1" Judy DH (after market) and headset is reduced with shim adapters.

Back