Saracen Kili Ultra Titanium 1994

Benmac

Old School Hero
Oh wow, I am very very very happy.

Today had been bloody awful; started with needing 40 minutes to get out of bed as I have put my back right out (including nearly passing out from the pain a couple of times and my wife nearly phoning 999; then the bloody magpies raided the blackbird nest in my back garden and took the three chicks. Me in my crippled state could only look on.

This had arrived at lunchtime but I had been banned from even trying to open it. I have now been permitted ad here it is. The Saracen Kili Ultra Ti that was being discussed at the end of last week. It is simply fabulous. It has been used but very very little, came with a very tidy M900 FD, the very clean and tidy (but understandably goosed elastomers) RC35s and also in a bag of bits the correct Dia Compe headset it would have had when new. Yay!

Build plan is to go as close to factory as I can. I have the specs and although some of it I think will prove impossible, I think I can get very close. I'll be happy with ok bits to start but then I'll be keeping my eye open for better condition stuff. I am though tempted to do a quick build just to have a go.

40AB8E8D-EE5F-448D-B998-F8D97819603A_zpsyxm4ot80.jpg

Re:

Cool, glad it's as good as it looked. Will be nice to see one of these come together.

The m900 shouldn't be too tricky to get hold off, and to be fair I reckon you will go a long way finishing this off with ti bits or high end British kit.

Sure it will be mint anyway

Re:

Ta, the story of the find is amazing. House left untouched for years, food still in the fridge, beds unmade, and a bedroom covered in period mtb posters. Then this shed with all this stuff in it. My mate who collected it for me was dumbfounded.

Also just spoken to the chap I bought my Kili XTR from BITD and he thinks he has most of an XTR M900 set in his garage he says I can have for making him smile!

Re: Re:

Benmac":3ydmwdqu said:
Ta, the story of the find is amazing. House left untouched for years, food still in the fridge, beds unmade, and a bedroom covered in period mtb posters. Then this shed with all this stuff in it. My mate who collected it for me was dumbfounded.

:shock: :shock:

Holy shit.
Sounds like something out of 28 days later. Hope you wiped it down with anti bacterial stuff before you started fondling it! (we all know you've fondled it!) :LOL:

That is an amazing story. Honestly I thought maybe there was something a bit dodgy going - I mean who just leaves a load of expensive MTB kit in a house? Was it a probate or something?

Really looking forward to seeing this one get built up. Would have liked it myself but just tooo many bikes / frames at the moment. The goodwill of my wife was getting pushed to the limit :)

Back