Salsa a la Carte Jellybean

I've always been a pretty solitary rider (I like to be out in the wilderness, ideally, just me and the bike and the view) but more and more recently I've been going on group rides here in LA, and those offer a lot of excactly this.

Bike chat; bike swaps; getting to talk about how people like riding the bikes they ride; educating each other on the things we know and others maybe don't; swapping stories, feedback; seeing how other people build and ride what they do. All of this tends to feel more like practical education and inspiration, rather than just looking at pictures of nice bikes online!

Don't get me wrong; I love the pictures and the online chatter, the nerding out on all the little details. But getting to really talk, and laugh, and look over builds and bikes in person (the way certain bikes ride and components function), while actually riding them, really is something else.

The Total Trash rides here in LA (old 26" bikes, predominantly) is especially good for this.

There's another one of those tomorrow, and I'm already really looking forward to it!
I really miss all that vibe. Enjoy Total Trash in good health and report back please with pics if you can 🤗

Hi all,

Just reviving this thread in case @Tomianson has managed to pull his impressions together from riding this stunning build?

Would be nice to read a ride review of it!

🙏 !

Back