Rock Shox MAGs 21 - Two for £175 posted ONO sold

Re: Rock Shox MAGs 21 - Two for £175 posted ONO

malt":2qmo5pw3 said:
Have you had the lowers changed on the 21 SL Ti? They only came in the gold lacquer finish. The 21 SL however, came in the same colour as yours but with different decals.

Just looks like SL Ti decals on an SL :?

@Malt There were to sl models:
"There were 2 SL models, Mag 21 SL and Mag 21 SL/Ti. The difference was that the SL/Ti model had titanium bolts and brake posts.
Colouring and decals were a bit different too."

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=58472

More photos of my sl:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/B3zWfK4Bf7TFexdF7

Cheers

Yup, exactly what I said.

So are you trying to pass off a set of SL as SL Ti just because you’ve put the Ti bolts and decal on it?

Oh please Malt, I did not put any decals or ti bolts on this fork. It's factory original, take a close look at the pictures in the gallery.

Re:

Why does paint matter?
Paint does not define a 21, 21 SL, 21 SL/Ti.
only the steerer/crown/brace = SL
bolts and studs = Ti.
not paint.

The whole of the legs are identical between the 1994 21 models (other than at some point in the year they switched from Alu rods to Delron rods)
[oh and these have the later 95+ style lower leg, u less someone has done some filing.
if original, late model to market? different market to UK/us?

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":2s2yakuf said:
Why does paint matter?
Paint does not define a 21, 21 SL, 21 SL/Ti.
only the steerer/crown/brace = SL
bolts and studs = Ti.
not paint.

The whole of the legs are identical between the 1994 21 models (other than at some point in the year they switched from Alu rods to Delron rods)
[oh and these have the later 95+ style lower leg, u less someone has done some filing.
if original, late model to market? different market to UK/us?

Thanks FluffyChicken, was not my intension to lie anybody or sale a false or modified SL ti.
I got this Rock Shox from german market.

@konrik80
It's all good, I only raised it as I was working for a Rock Shox dealer (UK) from 1994 and we only ever saw the SL Ti in gold lacqure (I still have mine) and the SL in the champagne paint finish. As fluffychicken mentioned, it could be a regional thing or end of run "use whats left"

@FluffyChicken
The change in the rods happened in the second half of 1994, certainly by October as mine aren't alu.

Re:

I've got a few SLTi and yes all mine are the advertised clear gold (or as good as it gets after 25+ years ;-) )
and plenty of 94 and other years here.

I still have my original 1994 21s, I think bought late 1993 and they're Alu. (bought as a replacement for a snapped set of mag20s)
still working nicely to.
of course the circlips have snapped the mount clip at the bottom.
Nowt compared to other pairs were they have somehow managed to twist the whole rod into a big curved rod

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":e1rgr2kg said:
I've got a few SLTi and yes all mine are the advertised clear gold (or as good as it gets after 25+ years ;-) )
and plenty of 94 and other years here.

Even new the lacquer was hit and miss...we ordered 3 pairs until we got one good enough :facepalm:

Back