Wanted Rock Shox Judy Slalom (GT Zaskar Build)

TESTTRACK

GT Fan
A huge long shot I know but if there was ever a place to ask. Looking to buy a pair of Rock Shox Judy Slalom to go on a 97/98 GT Zaskar build. Would love to avoid going down the rabbit hole of converting a pair of DHO’s. So far I have;

98 GT Zaskar 16 Inch (NOS)
Michelin Comp 24’s (NOS)
Mavic 121’s (pretty much new)
Ringle Boxxer Front Hub (NOS)
Shimano XTR Hubs (NOS)
Shimano XTR Shifter + Levers (NOS)
Shimano XTR Cranks (NOS)
Shimano XTR Rear Mech (NOS)
Shimano XTR Cassette (NOS)
MRP Chain Device (VGC but looking for NOS)
Kore Elite Stem (NOS)
Kore Elite Seatpost
Azonic Riser Bar
SDG Ventura Comp Saddle
Chris King Headset (New)

I wanted to do a 97 build but a 98 NOS frame came up so going to re-sticker with 97 decals. Ideally looking to get an NOS Ventura Comp saddle as my one is a bit tatty as it used to get a lot of use. Might also add a NOS XTR seatpost if one comes up. Team GT used to use different headsets but going with a Chris King.

If anyone has any leads on some forks or is looking to sell then please let me know!

Attachments

• FD9EF160-C945-4741-8AD8-1B82D19D6C93.jpeg
    FD9EF160-C945-4741-8AD8-1B82D19D6C93.jpeg
    614.5 KB · Views: 47
You realise that a 98 frame is different to a 97 apart from decals I assume?
I know but this NOS frame came up so going with this for now. The plan was to get an old 97 frame and then spray it black. If / when the right 97 frame comes up then I’ll re-build to that.

Ah ok , just making sure you knew. 97 frames are easy to get in a 16 but not NOS.

So it’s a Steve peat replica maybe?

I’ve got a 16 inch 97 NOS full bike but unfortunately not for sale.

Yes loosely based around the Steve Peat 97 jump bike which is why eventually it might end up being a black frame once I find a one in decent enough condition, although he did also have a ball burnished one at one point. I have a 20th anniversary Zaskar with a very similar build which actually gets used but the plan is to hopefully build an ‘ALMOST’ NOS 97 one. Not sure I’ve ever seen anyone do the full 97 team spec yet? Seen some close’ish Hans Rey looking builds!

I know someone currently doing a 97 black one yes. Not sure how accurate he’s going on spec but the paint job looks great.

I’ve got a 20th anniversary one too. The MBUK bike.

Latest posts

Back