Rock shock Sid help

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I stumbled across a 32mm carbon CSU for a good price in the sales so bought it with the intention of swapping it over onto some Sid race forks I have currently fitted to my team RTS (V lowers of course). This leaves me with a normal CSU spare. I also found some Sid lower legs at a bargain price so bought these as well, thinking I could either use some fork spares I have from a few Reba's, or try and source the correct internals and build a second set of forks.

My question(s) are can I use Reba internals on a Sid CSU? I've been doing some research and it seems as though it should be possible. Has anyone done this or used other rock shock innards?

If it's not possible, what internals would I need? I've tried researching this myself so not trying to be lazy, but there seems to be a myriad of dampers out there, some shared with Reba's, some seem Sid specific and to complicate things, some have been renamed in around 2012. A lot of my spares are from forks prior to the lower legs having the recess at the bottom. Is it just a spacer taking up the difference on the shafts as the stanchions are shorter, or are the dampers different completely from the earlier forks?

The forks I have are from around 2010 and have motion control damping. The carbon CSU has black box decals which I believe relates to the damping so in an ideal world, though not essential, I'd like to marry the innards to this. I have a few dampers, but not sure how to identify if I have the right one already or if I need to find one. Same goes for the air side.

I've seen xx dampers but aside from them allowing hydraulic remote compression adjust/lockout, I've no clue whether they will fit the 2010 world cup CSU and lowers I've just purchased.

I'm hoping I have the right parts or as close to them all as needed as I was hoping I could cobble together a set of SIDS for a fraction of the rrp.

Hopefully some wise rbers can advise as I could now be in the possession of an expensive fork project, or maybe I can achieve what I started out in the hope of doing.

Oh, one last thing. I read somewhere that the CSU for SIDS was the same on 26 inch forks and 29er. Does this also apply to the internals making the lower legs the only different part. I think I read this about the 2012 forks so not sure if it applies to the 2010 ones, just thinking I could also get a set of lowers for a 29er, just in case I get round to trying one out.

Cheers to anyone who can help out with any info.

Merry Xmas and a prosperous new year to all :xmas-cool:

Back