BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Rocky Mountain Fan
Brodie Fan
Feedback
View
I bought this a couple of years ago and rode it for a little while, before finding a smaller, earlier one that suits me better, or will do eventually. I don't have room for two White Spiders so this one is for the chop.
It measures 16.5" c-c on the seat tube and 21" c-c along the top tube. I bought it from the original owner, who bought it back in 1991 (serial number indicates it's an August 91 frame). I have the original sales receipt and will include it in the sale, assuming I can find it! It features a Columbus Max OR down tube and fast back seat stays, the latter is something I've not seen on a White Spider before. The original paint is in very good condition and there are only a couple of stone chips and a little chain rash on the drive side chainstay. The stick on patches either side of the headtube, to prevent cable rub, are stuck like sh*t to a blanket! I started to remove them but lost interest 🤣 Overall it's had a really easy life and has only been offroad in my ownership. It does have a very small dent on the underside of the down tube, caused by a stone strike I suspect. It's really difficult to photograph but you can feel it with your finger, and see it in the right light.
The fork is an interesting one, and the new owner may decide to look for an alternative (it would look fantastic with a chrome Bonty fork). The A-C is only around 375mm, which I didn't realise when I bought it. The original owner ran it with slick tyres so it caused no issues. I fitted 1.5" Hardpacks, which was fine, but you'll struggle with a bigger tyre. The pics below show it with the Hardpack fitted, and a Timbuk II for comparison. I don't know if the fork was specifically ordered this way, or maybe it came from one of the rare Cobra messenger bikes. We'll probably never know.
With all that considered I'm asking £350, NOW £295 net to me, for the frame and fork, including UK postage. I'll gladly provide more specific pics upon request.

IMG_1531.jpg IMG_1532.jpg IMG_1533.jpg IMG_1534.jpg IMG_1535.jpg IMG_1536.jpg IMG_1537.jpg IMG_1538.jpg IMG_1539.jpg IMG_1540.jpg

Last edited:
Back