Risse Racing U.K. servicing?

mtbdave

GT Fan
Feedback
View
I have a Risse racing rear shock for a GT RTS that probably needs a service.

Is moves etc but I don’t know when it was last done.

Is it possible to get it looked at here in the U.K. or will it need sending too the USA.

Ps are they a genuine upgrade on the Noleen shock, standard or piggy back version.

Attachments

• FD388F8D-5B18-4994-B168-DB55C5ECAE08.jpeg
    FD388F8D-5B18-4994-B168-DB55C5ECAE08.jpeg
    687.4 KB · Views: 6
I've got a new one like yours destined for one of my RTS builds, haven't decided if it will adorn my team or my disc converted frame which is flat capped but has some unusual features so not sure what it is.

I've no experience on an RTS, but have has risse shocks on other frames and they are lighter and seem better than stock coil oil they've replaced.

My only service experience was when I sent one to mert lawwill as risse never replied to any form of communication. Went to the states and came back as good as new, but I paid through the nose in customs as they charged import duties as though it was a new item I'd imported. Sucked but it meant I had a mint set of leader forks which I seriously regret selling.

I've heard that DIY servicing is the way forward as UK servicing doesn't really exist for risse shocks. Never done it myself, but keen to know how as I have an astro damper that needs it, well I want to transplant the body over on to the RTS shaft to get damping adjust, but don't want to screw up the new genesis.

Hopefully someone will be along with some useful advice that you can benefit from. There are a few vids online showing how it's done, at least there is no nitrogen involved.

The guy I bought it off told me yesterday that he got it of a sales man for a company in Germany called shock seals so he says it’s in perfect working order €60 plus postage.

Just go to build the bike up now 😂

Sounds like you might have sorted it yourself now, but for the record, John Deverill over on the FB Amp-oholics group is bringing in all the parts and tooles etc for servicing Risse:

All the best,

Sounds like you might have sorted it yourself now, but for the record, John Deverill over on the FB Amp-oholics group is bringing in all the parts and tooles etc for servicing Risse:

All the best,
Thanks I have just left a comment asking if is the same set up as the amp version's 👍🏻

Back