Riser bars... Why all the hate?

Re:

And the purpose of the 'brace' is to stick local motion or similar wrapped pipe insulation and aid in mounting race number plaques?

1983 Mtb ... holly ... early MTB in Europe. Bmx style rise bar. Yeti style rear end, but Yeti was born in 1985 so ... :shock:
3 arms in the cranks like some FSA SL K ... 50mm stem and one chain ring like nowadays :LOL:

P1160108-820x615.jpg

I'm a braceless riser guy.

And I'm glad some other people can attest to early-mid-90s riser usage and it wasn't all in my head.

madjh":2mth5ggy said:
1983 Mtb ... holly ... early MTB in Europe. Bmx style rise bar. Yeti style rear end, but Yeti was born in 1985 so ... :shock:
3 arms in the cranks like some FSA SL K ... 50mm stem and one chain ring like nowadays :LOL:

P1160108-820x615.jpg

I'm a little off-topic but looptail rear wasn't specific to Yeti. Hardly used on late 70's/debut 80's on BMX like Mongoose or Race-Inc...

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":37s6b7pf said:
And yes I do think JMC repro bikes all look daft with the risers and BMX stem and would be better with a normal setup, but a friend of mine loves it and it make him really happy. (so happy I'm surprised the bikes not sprang babies ;-))
It doesn't mean I hate it, it's a great bike.

But then the bike wouldn't have stood out or be as iconic to some people as it is if it was traditional for the time.

Why do I think I know exactly who you're referring to there lmao :LOL:

madjh":2w7df12j said:

P1160108-820x615.jpg

I have put BMX bars on a too small retro MTB frame in the past. It is surprisingly fun riding actually!

Re: Re:

Spudly":34fhje93 said:
FluffyChicken":34fhje93 said:
And yes I do think JMC repro bikes all look daft with the risers and BMX stem and would be better with a normal setup, but a friend of mine loves it and it make him really happy. (so happy I'm surprised the bikes not sprang babies ;-))
It doesn't mean I hate it, it's a great bike.

But then the bike wouldn't have stood out or be as iconic to some people as it is if it was traditional for the time.

Why do I think I know exactly who you're referring to there lmao :LOL:

face-blowing-a-kiss_1f618.png

The joy it brings is the main thing.
A proper build of love.

Be sunny and warm soon, ready to take it on holiday.

I bought my Azonic riser bars and stem in 1995 to go with my Judy DH forks and Hope hubs/ brakes so I was rad skilz 26 years ago

Rad

Skilz

Back