Recently Restored Falcon Black Diamond 1973 Retro Racer

jgmu97

Dirt Disciple
Looking to part with my Falcon. Having recently restored this, with a full respray, service and a list of new components, its a shame to see it go, however i believe its too nice of a frame to take away with me to Uni, and it would be a waste to leave it sitting at home. My main hobby is MTB, so this is barely used anyway! I am also trying to change my car, so the funds would be better off going towards that...

p5pb13633705.jpg

p5pb13633709.jpg

p5pb13633711.jpg

p5pb13633734.jpg

p5pb13633735.jpg

p5pb13633736.jpg

p5pb13633713.jpg

It was professionally shot-blasted, then resprayed, and i have applied original style decals to finish it off. Its a large, 56cm frame, and has been built up with original and new components, as stated below. (Components marked with an asterisk are brand new)

-1973 Falcon Black Diamond Steel Frame - 56cm
-Rigida Chromage Superchromix Wheels - 27 x 1 1/4''
-Campagnolo 5 Speed Groupset: Valentino Extra Mech, Vicenza Shifter, Regina Extra Freewheel
-Weinmann Type 730 Brakes (New Brake Pads)
-Continental Supersport Puncture-proof Tyres* W/ Continental Tubes*
-SR Custom 50t Chainset* W/ Shimano UN26 Square Taper Bottom Bracket*
-Charge Bucket Saddle*, Fizik Performance Soft Touch Bar Tape*
-Clarks Gear and Brake Cables*, Clarks 5 Speed Chain*

So, its not a super high end bike, however it still rides very well, and it really does look great. The frame would be an ideal base for a fixed gear build as well, however having the choice of 5 speeds is much better when living in a hilly area!

As stated, the bike has seen little use. It was used to commute about 5/10 times, and other than that, a few rides out. Therefore i believe its seen less than 150 miles since its rebuild... At the moment, it needs nothing. There is one spoke missing in the rear wheel ( i have a spare, but i have misplaced my freewheel tool so i haven't been able to replace it yet), but other than that, its in excellent mechanical condition

I am happy to post the bike within the UK, with a cost depending on location. I am looking for £250, however i'm open to offers. The bike is also for sale on Pinkbike, and you will be able to view my previous sales on there which show my legitimacy.

Any questions please ask

Back