Rebuilding Shimano (dura-ace) PD-7401 look pedals

Balaphuel

Dirt Disciple
Hello,

Just wondered if anyone could shed some more light on this for me...

I've got 4 pairs of these pedals, been using them for over 20 years without any issues. One pair is very tatty now, so thought I'd replace the ball bearings to do a proper service. Does anyone know what the bearing size is? I know they have roller bearings too, but I doubt I'd get a replacement for them. I seem to have lost the manual for these pedals, which is a shame as it may have the info I need.

The paint is badly chipped, so may go a step further and fully disassemble them and either polish or powdercoat. Anyone else done this?

Cheers

I have a set of these pedals but i could not work out a way to remove the pivot pin without destroying them. I thought that maybe a partial paint job may be possible but it may turn into a mess. I would be interested if anyone has managed this too.

Richard

Thanks 47p2, I hadn't seen that page before. At least I know the bearing size now!

Richard, I thought if they don't come apart easily then polishing would be an option. I've seen some pictures online, they come up good. Though I'd be a bit worried about the cleats potentially wobbling afterwards.

I wanted mine polished but without removiung the front section i think it would not look good (i am fussy!).

Richard

Latest posts

Back