Rear 4-bolt Hub ID

AaronJ1970

Retro Newbie
I have this 4-bolt rear hub on my 98 FSR Pro, but it has no markings.

I doubt its orig, as the bike have XTR v-brakes only and no sign of a disc being mounted on the hub. The front hub is a Formula 4-bolt that runs smooth as on the SID 100 forks.

The rear is buggered (no engagement, rusted internals, etc.) but has sealed bearings, so I assume must be decent.

It needs a rebuilt, but I'm not sure it its anything worth saving or just replacing.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_2181.jpeg
    IMG_2181.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 559
  • IMG_2182.jpeg
    IMG_2182.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 559
  • IMG_2186.jpeg
    IMG_2186.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 559
Scratch that idea. Seems no one knows what it is... and... no level of effort can get the rusted freehub off. I've almost buggered a 12mm impact hex key trying!!!

So plan B is to find a replacement disc/non-disc, 135mm, QR 36H rear hub, replce the few buggered spokes and rebuild.

Any suggestions for something decent and maybe loudish (I like being heard with my Ibis Ripley's Tune hubs)?

Re:

Not that it really matters now, but if just to appease curiosity.....

I would say that hub is a Cannondale Coda Expert (more than likely manufactured by Formula for C'Dale and was OE on mid range models) that has been rattle can'd silver........

As a hub I'd say it was ok, nothing particularly special, So don't sweat if it ends up a paperweight or to hold the binbag down :cool:

Back