Wanted 'Real' brake levers shims or pics/ dims of them/ any other bright ideas?

TreaderSteve

Senior Retro Guru
I've done due diligence (can't find pics of them via Google), but I have a pair of levers without shims that I'd like to use.
A very long shot - anyone have a pair in the depths of their spares-box, or could you post a picture if you have one lying about please?
A half-moon will fall straight out, so does it have a flat bit uppermost which the nipple holds it in against? Or, anyone with a single one that I could have and my bro could knock some up at his work? Or any other bright ideas?
A folded piece of thick brass bent in a vice with a hole through which the cable is passed might help I suppose as an experiment.
They're to be used with cantis, not entirely sure which hole to use anyway - the one closest to the screw adjuster or the one more outboard?
Thanks

I had a pair of these which came with only one of the bits you need. I toyed with making one but in the end, I had some suntour cables that had some semicircular brass fittings with a hole for the cable, which worked just fine.

Thanks Ishaw - do you know which model or era of Suntour I should be looking out for? I found this nugget of info re: use of a Suntour 'widget', but have not found what is meant anywhere

Thanks!
Edit: Ouch! There is a set on US Ebay.....not a go-er...but I can see the brass doo-dads. Purchasing 8mm brass tubing from Ebay now to make my own!

Back