Raleigh Technium Instinct

kingoffootball

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I'm picking it up on Sunday :) That saddle, stem and bar will have to go though. I'll replace the stem and post with Zoom ones, the bar with a Hyperlight and the saddle with whatever presents itself. I'll bury that one at a crossroads with a stake through it though.
Oh and I'm keen to find out what shifter/brake units are on it too. DX brakes and Levers with DX thumbies might well take their place.

After a short delay I picked it up earlier today. It's in really nice condition, and the seller originally got it from a car boot sale, and moved it to his wife and then sister both of whom decided cycling wasn't for them.
Shifters are early STX and the seller dug out the original bar for me which is steel, but really light, if a bit rusty under the paint.
I'll do some pics and open a thread tomorrow but briefly: New stem and bar ( I've a purple Control Tech here and a Zoom stem ) I am going to kill the saddle with fire and replace it with a non DFS item. Better tyres but still tarmac oriented and a carrier, possibly mudguards, making a really nice pub/hack bike.

Back