Raleigh (RRA?) bottom bracket question

Mark Manley

Raleigh Fan
I have this drive side Raleigh bottom bracket cup that came from a 1947 RRA frame that I no longer own and as it is different to any other from bikes of the period I have owned was wondering if it is exclusive to the RRA, any advice appreciated.

IMG_2574.JPG

All Raleigh's of the period had a threaded bb unique to the brand. As for the cup design I have no idea.
Regarding fitting tools of the time it was well before me. That said I have some very old bb tools so I will have a look see .

All Raleigh's of the period had a threaded bb unique to the brand. As for the cup design I have no idea.
Regarding fitting tools of the time it was well before me. That said I have some very old bb tools so I will have a look see .

Thanks for your reply, I have a tool I made up for the standard Raleigh bb and don't plan using this one, I am curious as I want to decribe it accurately on Ebay.

As per Bagbuss' reply above, and should be paired with the Raleigh A-16N BB axle. It is unique to the post war Model 26 RRAs.
I'd be interested in buying that if it isn't already sold.

Last edited:
As per Bagbuss' reply above, and should be paired with the Raleigh A-16N BB axle. It is unique to the post war Model 26 RRAs.
I'd be interested in buying that if it isn't already sold.

It is currently listed on Ebay if you are interested, I am not sure if I am allowed to promote my own listing so just search Raleigh RRA and it should come up, I have included two axles as I could not remember which one came with it but have just checked and yes the shorter one has A16 marked on it.

Last edited:
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back