Raleigh record ace flying gate, seatpost oddity

coomber

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Certainly a strange one that.
I'd like to see Tony Hadlands "evidence" that Raleigh built these from modified RRA frames as the only parts that appear common to an RRA Model 26 ( post war) frame are the forks.
Possibly built from pre 1938 RRA Model 45 frames, but even if that was the case there's so many differences that it's a crime to even put an RRA transfer on it!

Certainly a strange one that.
I'd like to see Tony Hadlands "evidence" that Raleigh built these from modified RRA frames as the only parts that appear common to an RRA Model 26 ( post war) frame are the forks.
Possibly built from pre 1938 RRA Model 45 frames, but even if that was the case there's so many differences that it's a crime to even put an RRA transfer on it!
Great minds @coomber .. I posted this earlier in the week and I have to agree with @3wheeler7 it's nowhere near RRA. Interesting but not RRA.

Back