Raleigh identification

richw88

Retro Newbie
Hello all,

Hoping to find out some information on a Raleigh bicycle project I have come into possession of.

The only serial numbers I can find on it don’t tally up with any information I can find anywhere.

So far I have: 63121 on the bottom bracket
8054762 on LHS bottom of seat tube.

Any help or pointers greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0166.jpeg
    IMG_0166.jpeg
    328.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0170.jpeg
    IMG_0170.jpeg
    379.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0165.jpeg
    IMG_0165.jpeg
    631.3 KB · Views: 19
Looks similar to Panasonic Raleigh team colours. No hanger on the drive side dropout so maybe a few years before 1988, perhaps a Team Cadet but I'm almost certain that they had integral hangers so maybe not.

Looks similar to Panasonic Raleigh team colours. No hanger on the drive side dropout so maybe a few years before 1988, perhaps a Team Cadet but I'm almost certain that they had integral hangers so maybe not.
Yes it looks to be a slightly different shade to the Panasonic blue but in my hours of internet scrolling I haven’t yet seen another in that shade

If it was a team rep of some sort it's missing the blue paint at the top of the seat tube. Team colours were blue over white - the red and yellow flashes were actually part of the decal set.

I had one, the first number is the year, can't find any pics sorry. The paint demarcation shown is what you get when you peel the decal off, ask me how I know :p Good Raleigh gas pipe.

What is it that brings you to this thought may I ask?
Could well be an Equipe. I had one recently. Same basic sort of frame with pressed dropouts but I can’t remember if they had Raleigh embossed in the seat stay tops? Originally they were white frames with either a red or grey fade.

My experience was the same as GIGFY: they were basic, heavy frames, but it rode well like all Raleighs of that era did. Also completely bombproof 👍

Latest posts

Back