For Sale Raleigh Gran Sport early 80's

wavydavygravy

Dirt Disciple
For sale - Raleigh Gran Sport Reynolds 531 tubing, 56 cm top and seat tube from the early 80's (can't remember exactly when I bought it but around 1982).
The Campagnolo Gran Sport groupset is virtually complete, the chainset is a GS 52/42, the shifters are Simplex (the best in their day), the stem is a 10cm Cinelli, the bars are Cinelli Giro D'Italia 64/42's. The brake hoods are from Modolo, pedals are Campagnolo with Christophe toe clips.
Wheels are the original Mavic Monthlery Route tubular rims on Maillard hubs complete with a 13 to 18 freewheel cluster (how did I get up hills?) and some very old tubs.
There's no saddle as I can't find it.
Condition for it's age is good but does have some surface rust on the lugs and top tube cable guides as per the photos. The chrome on the forks is in good condition. The only damage is the chain pip on the seat stay is bent, you should be able to bend it back into place.
Price £275 collection only from North Gloucestershire, close to M5 and M4, or can meet if a reasonable distance.

IMG_3324.jpg IMG_3325.jpg IMG_3326.jpg IMG_3327.jpg IMG_3328.jpg IMG_3329.jpg IMG_3330.jpg IMG_3331.jpg IMG_3332.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3323.jpg
    IMG_3323.jpg
    820.3 KB · Views: 32
I don’t want to preempt anything but I had to part mine out to get a sale. Made more than you’re asking for yours. A lovely original example. Best of luck. Mine was a lot bigger so you might do well.

Back