£260
1100207733.JPG

£300
1100207734.JPG

£1250
1100212567.JPG

£1400
1100212569.JPG

And there are people on this site that think a Jack Taylor is expensive at 1400 quid, I know whic I would rather have Raleigh Choppers are bloody awful...

Of course they are horrible to ride, but how else are men of a certain vintage with some nice disposable income meant to relive their youth if not by sitting looking at one longingly in their man-cave whilst sipping on an artisan IPA, I ask you?

Of course they are horrible to ride, but how else are men of a certain vintage with some nice disposable income meant to relive their youth if not by sitting looking at one longingly in their man-cave whilst sipping on an artisan IPA, I ask you?

You forgot parked next to a restored £5,000 Yamaha FS1E.

Not for the purist...MK2 Choppers never came with alloy rims and hubs, and for that money I'd want R's on my nuts..😯

To be fair to Raleigh, they achieved exactly what they wanted with the Chopper – to rip off the Schwinn Sting-Ray and in doing so appeal to the same kids who wanted a bike that didn't really look like a bike (something the Americans have always had a fondness for, resulting in all sorts of hideousness). It's not like it was meant to be a good bike, just good at appealing to that market - which it did.

I am surprised even the MK3/4 models get good money – I wouldn't have thought those are old enough to have the nostalgia factor, but I guess just being a Chopper is enough these days.

Latest posts

Back