Prep on RRS

eejayb

Dirt Disciple
My Mk1 Raleigh Record Sprint restoration progress report. So I have cleaned and checked the frame & forks in prep for spraying. No rust found so thats good for a 30 year old frame. One bottle cage fixing will be replaced and the forks need some adjustment, so not bad for a 30 year old frame. Now it is with Colour-Tech in Dartford for a strip and spray when the decals will be added and lacquer applied. So photos of Davids work to follow.
eejay old velo

Attachments

• front-view-web.jpg
    front-view-web.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 664
  • frame-web.jpg
    frame-web.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 664
Obviously an optical illusion but those forks look as though they've been in a crash as look bent......

Indeed, the left hand fork leg looks like its been hit from behind, please tell us it’s just the camera angle before you throw effort and money at it.

David at Colour-Tech is setting them for me. We checked the frame which is straight and does not have any cracks near the front lug which is where it would normally be if in a crash. Bike was found in a garden half buried and of unknown history. Thanks for your comment much appreciated will post pics after the spraying is complete.
eejay old velo

I see you were asking about details on the Record Sprint under one of the other folders, did you get anywhere?
From memory they were 501 main tubes with gold and black anodised components.

fignonFlyer":1pkt0dsy said:
I see you were asking about details on the Record Sprint under one of the other folders, did you get anywhere?
From memory they were 501 main tubes with gold and black anodised components.
Got lots of research done and am sure I have the correct version as it is a Mk1 1983 and yes all the 'bits' are gold anodised. Need a front hub as it has been sprayed a poor gold. Will try getting paint off if all else fails. I have all original bits other than the front hub and the saddle.
eejay old velo

Latest posts

Back