Picked up another stray - Klein Adept Pro

rentedmule

Devout Dirtbag
I've never had a particular affinity for Kleins, but this seemed like too good a deal to pass up. I bought it off a retiree for the Canadian equivalent of 225 pounds and it's in close to mint condition! There are a few scuffs on the components but the frame hardly has a mark on it.

Klein Adept Pro by Rented Mule, on Flickr

Syncros stem and bars, XT 9-speed drivetrain, Sid XC, Hayes nines, Specialized-branded Alex Rims wheelset...

The paint is stunning in person, even the cat likes it. This may be a keeper!

Like that. ^

Not sure on the red Sids even if they are OEM, just seem to jar with the rest of the frame - however I’m not sure what else Klien could have used as SID blue would looked even worse

Out of all the Kliens made this is one of the few I’d like to own

Yeah, the red accents don't really work with the purple. I had a black SID Dual Air a while back that would have been more appropriate. Klein used to sell some of their frames with paint-matched Judy's, didn't they?

Function updates:

- Chain is new and far too long, which you can see in the picture above.
- Fork holds pressure well but needs lube, is it ever sticky. There's not a scratch on it though, it's mint.
- Rear shock adjustments work fine, but it does not hold pressure for long. I now have 3 Van RCs in need of a rebuild. Is Risse Racing the only service option these days?
- Brakes are ugly, strictly ornamental, and will be swapped for XTR M960 V brakes and Paul levers from my stockpile.
- Wheel/tire combo is very heavy. I think I'm going to swap them onto my FSR-XC and use its Cane Creek WAMs and lighter Kenda's.
- The Syncros stem looks cool from the side but not from the top. It has a weird shape that's not pleasing to the eye.
- I'm not a fan of rapid rise rear mechs.

Back