Peugeot Optimum ***SOLD***

Retro Newbie
I have had this bike from new since 1993. Used it for about one and a half years and its just been hanging up in the garage for the past twenty.

Everything is original apart from the seat post, because the plastic clamp snapped and the tyres and inner tubes, because the originals where perished. There are a few marks here and there but generally its in very good condition. Never been out in the rain but got caught in it a few times and always stored indoors, so no rust. Original pedals but toe clips and straps broke.

Its a large 25" (63.5cm) frame with Reynolds 531 tubing in Lilac.
14 gears with Shimano RX 100 groupset and hubs with Mavic 192NE rims.

Everything works as it did when new. It rides silky smooth and just eats up the road.

I would like to sell it because its a great bike that i'm not going to use and it's just going to waste.

Price £200
Based in Essex

Attachments

• one.jpg
    one.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 1,478
  • two.jpg
    two.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 1,477
  • three.jpg
    three.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 1,477
  • four.jpg
    four.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 1,476
  • five.jpg
    five.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 1,478
Re: Peugeot Optimum

Cracking bike, I have one too . . . I suspect you'd be looking at nearer £150 nowadays for one in great condition. They were £200 about four years a go though. Worth tryng fleabay for a while with a BIN at the higher price first, you never know, you might be lucky.

Re:

Hi tompotblenny

Thanks for the response and the pricing advice.

I haven't got an ebay account and I'm not really too fussed if I didn't sell it.

It is a cracking bike, so I put it up here to see if there were any six feet, lilac loving, cyclists that would give it a good home. :D

Cheers 50K

Re:

Hi,
Whereabouts in Essex are you? I'm potentially nearby in Hatfield, Hertfordshire, but also potentially quite a long way away :LOL:

Thanks

Re:

Thanks DICKO10

Hi Ruklaw

You're about an hour away by car.

I'm in Billericay, about 15mins from junction 29 of the M25.

Cheers 50K

Re:

Hey dude,

Really like the bike. Might be a smidge too big for me...I normally ride 61cm and am 6'4", is it possible to come up and give it a try? Might be able to swing by on Saturday morning as am heading up north in the car.

Let me know!

Re: Peugeot Optimum

Heh, I'm also 6ft4 and have the same concern, particularly as I usually ride quite an aggressive position, I like to get low!

I've got a busy weekend but might be able to come and have a look next week if it hasn't already gone...

Re:

Thanks for the interest guys.

archie858 - Saturday would be fine. PM me if you are able to come.

Ruklaw - I will post here if the bike has been sold.

Cheers 50K

Re: Peugeot Optimum - SOLD

SOLD - I'm now the proud owner of this lovely Peugeot.

A pleasure Neil, and I hope you find yourself back on a bike sooner or later!

Latest posts

Back