Peachy Pace RC529…FINISHED Pg22

It’s all well and good building an oversize bike, but everything just seems to need a little more effort, now I need to order longer hoses as the ready fitted ones are no where near long enough, the front is too tight and the rear is even worse at about 250mm too short! 🤦‍♂️
A28A6595-8914-4C4C-AB58-708F0D35FA1A.jpeg

That's the good thing about 26, most parts can just be moved from one to another :)

Higher bars at the front will enable you to lift the front wheel over things easier, more useful when you have a long bike, and flatens the bike out if riding dh a lot. Experiment as said and find the most comfortable for what your using it for, same with the bar width.

I rode for years with a long steerer, just had the washers above the stem :)

Quick update…

I wanted to emulate some of the typically yellow components of the RC100, so the Pace RC46 stem needed some attention, also the 2nd hand XT crank arms. Both involved intricate masking with heat proof tape so the machine surfaces were kept free of powder coat & of course I couldn’t resist arsing about with the graphics 😃
ODI foam grips finish the colour coding of the cockpit.
203 ice XT rotor up front & 180 at the back, just waiting on the stand-off brackets (I forgot to order) 🤦‍♂️ Then I need to swap out the too short black hose with some longer yellow and we should be sorted.
77D390EE-68FD-47A2-91F3-F55978776E95.jpeg 16A2AC6C-F814-428F-AC3E-5C6F69015B07.jpeg 17A7CF14-19CD-447F-A939-25E109440B75.jpeg A3720936-FCE5-494E-A9AB-C5A14065AEA4.jpeg 8D17D421-8983-49AC-B961-CB72DB3B23B5.jpeg 9D28DD68-93E7-4B3D-A069-6D4D0A759A0D.jpeg

Loving the stem and cranks 😎

Good of Pace to supply you with four of the required letters for Peachy too!
Yes it was, 😀 the H was obvious & simple, but the Y went through a few versions before I was happy, but it’s basically made from an upside down PACE “A”

If you do decide that you want the bar so high, you could try swapping that bar out for a Burgtec RideHigh, 50mm rise.
It is a much nicer way of achieving a higher front end than lots of fugly spacers.
It's fairly standard for brands to build any new bike with 30mm spacers available, but it's always a lot nicer if you can whittle that down to 15 or so...
Obviously with modern bikes and slack head angles, running heaps of spacers will shorten the reach to the bars, so having a high rise bar and minimal spacers under the stem will give you more room in the cockpit... Should you feel you need it.

If you do decide that you want the bar so high, you could try swapping that bar out for a Burgtec RideHigh, 50mm rise.
It is a much nicer way of achieving a higher front end than lots of fugly spacers.
It's fairly standard for brands to build any new bike with 30mm spacers available, but it's always a lot nicer if you can whittle that down to 15 or so...
Obviously with modern bikes and slack head angles, running heaps of spacers will shorten the reach to the bars, so having a high rise bar and minimal spacers under the stem will give you more room in the cockpit... Should you feel you need it.
Cheers I’ll bear that in mind. I’m not keen on the multi stack of spacers (see earlier discussion in this thread) but I’m waiting to see how I feel when I get around to riding it before I make any changes.

Back