Pashley

Mickeyspinn

Retro Guru
Ok...so probably being thick but it has a derailleur and what looks like a surmeny 3speed chain....

Its an interesting bike...with a revamp could be a lotof fun....stem is bonkers.

@GrahamJohnWallace hub brakes...!!

View attachment 627183
Should be a two speed....well actually more correctly put a single speed with an overdrive or underdrive? Depending on which is the direct drive!... Bombproof...gives same result as a front derailleur but with out any faff. Really want one of these....damn I hate being skint! That bike is quite a tool...anyone want a pickled kidney?

GrahamJohnWallace

Retrobike Rider
Cleland Fan
Feedback
View
Should be a two speed....well actually more correctly put a single speed with an overdrive or underdrive? Depending on which is the direct drive!... Bombproof...gives same result as a front derailleur but with out any faff.
Yes, Six-speed derailleur, drum-brake and two-speed hub-gear all built into one wheel. You should be able to change the two-speed when the bike is not moving, which is useful on a city-bike. The drum-brake shoes should last for many thousands of miles without maintenance.

Sachs also made a three-speed hub-gear & seven-speed derailleur/disk-brake variant they called the Dual-Drive.

Mickeyspinn

Retro Guru
Yes, Six-speed derailleur, drum-brake and two-speed hub-gear all built into one wheel. You should be able to change the two-speed when the bike is not moving, which is useful on a city-bike. The drum-brake shoes should last for many thousands of miles without maintenance.

Sachs also made a three-speed hub-gear & seven-speed derailleur/disk-brake variant they called the Dual-Drive.
I have a feeling a geared hub/drum and derailleur set up might have to be a project sometime soon. I really like the neatness of a bike when the business stuff is all in one place! I will certainly be looking at Sachs....