Pace RC200 F8 Rear Wheel Alignment - Newbie Help

Thanks justbackdated, I took the wheel (and accompanying page from the frame manual re. wheel building) into LBS today and they're going to re-dish it for me. Just in case that tyre is still too fat for the frame when it comes back, I've got a narrower tyre to go on the back instead. Hopefully my thumbs will have recovered from putting the damn thing on in the first place by the time I get it back! :)

Well....since you asked :LOL:

Warmer weather in the summer time, out doing some bridlepaths around Belton and Shepshed:
IMG_1588.jpeg

Got the red Pace RC36 Evo Pro forks on, the limited edition ones, Hope Closed 2 and Pro lever brakes and a USE Sumo XCR suspension seatpost:
IMG_0018.jpeg

Those RC36 forks (and you can see what a state the tyres were, in prompting me to start this whole thing):
IMG_1599.jpeg

And my other half's Klein Mantra, because she won't like me getting all the attention:
IMG_0292.jpeg

The Pace and Klein belonged to my parents (originally bought circa 2000), who were pretty serious riders until they gave up a couple of years ago due to declining health, both well into their 70s! My partner and I had been talking about upgrading our very basic bikes and getting out on the local trails more often so my Dad very kindly gave us these. They've been very well looked after (the Klein looks like it's barely been ridden).

I've been putting the miles in over the summer, but nothing too adventurous. I came off my son's push-along scooter at the beginning of January (what an idiot!), smashing up my leg pretty badly (tibia fractured in three places and spiral fracture of the fibula) and getting some metalwork installed as a consequence. I got my hybrid bike on a turbo before I could even walk again and started training in the garage to get some muscle tone back, but was out on the Pace as soon as I felt confident as I'd been stuck in side the house through January and February. But then I came off the Pace and landed in a ditch in the summer time and it really shook me up, imagining what I could have done to my leg again, so like I say, I'm taking it pretty steady ;)

I'll do some proper glamour shots when I've got the rear wheel back and it's all put back together (took it in today to get it re-dished).

Re:

That’s a nice F8. The red and red forks looks great.

Forks are rare too. I had a pair earlier in year and sold instantly.

I'm pleased to say "no", Stressed :LOL:

Anyways, closure: got the wheel back from LBS and, although it's spinning true now, the 2.40" Big Betty was still clashing with the derailleur cable. With the wheel off, though I was able to see why (the manual did say the frame was asymmetrical!):

IMG_0295.jpeg

The drive side chainstay's a completely different shape to other side, coming much closer to the wheel. That explains why I had so much more clearance on the other side.

So, off with the Big Betty and on with the Nobby Nic (slimmer, at 2.25") and it's spot on.

Not had chance to actually ride it much yet (just up and down the street for a quick check). Will hopefully get out properly at the weekend.

Thanks again for all the help, advice and patience folks, it's really appreciated.

(Anyone want to buy a 26" bike park variant Big Betty, btw? :D )

Back