Pace RC-35 atmosphere balance forks service / rebuild ? HELP

blue2256

Retro Guru
Hello all
So I have just received my next project bike which has a set of Pace RC35 atmosphere balance forks. The bike is a Roberts (white spider I think) frame number 930110 in pink. I will add a story line at some point when I have made some idea on what I have.
Anyway the Pace RC35 have no resistance or bounce back ! All looks to be there but looking for some guidance. do we have contacts of any Pace guru who be able to rebuild them or able to supply the parts ?

Thanks for your time on this and keep safe
Dave

Attachments

• Pace RC-35.jpg
    Pace RC-35.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 348
Re:

Easy DIY job really.
Speak to johndeverill on here - he can supply you with new MCUs (replacement for the elastomers), new wiper seals, and new grease - which should be all you need essentially. Or you can ask for him to service them completely I believe.

Re: Re:

Once A Hero":1zm3lrtk said:
Easy DIY job really.
Speak to johndeverill on here - he can supply you with new MCUs (replacement for the elastomers), new wiper seals, and new grease - which should be all you need essentially. Or you can ask for him to service them completely I believe.

Perfect thank you for the contact.
Now time to find johndeverill.

Dave

an allen key at the bottom of each leg and they literally pull apart - there isn't a simpler fork in the world. Honestly, inside there is a rod and three rubbers in each leg, a couple of washers and that's it.

Some slick honey, or sram butter and new elastomers (they all need them).

Honestly, you'd have to try hard to get them wrong.

Re:

When re-tightening crown bolts, torque is 6Nm only otherwise can crush stanchions(check for crimping as a safety measure).
Don't forget to Loctite the stanchions in the crown sockets as originally done in the factory. Belt n braces and all that!
Copper ease to the bolt threads everywhere.
Careful with grease choice, some types attack the elastomers.

Re:

Good Morning All
The replacement parts have been ordered with the correct grease ect.
Thanks for all the tips so far.
Lets see what happens.

Back