Orange Sub 5 (2003, frame size 16")

dt1966

Retro Newbie
2003 Orange Sub-5 (frame size 16”)

Current spec;
Fork: Marzocchi Bomber Marathon SL 2004 (100mm travel, highly tuneable air fork).
Rear shock: Manitou Swinger 3-way air SPV.
Brakes: Hope Mono Mini.
Wheels: Mavic XC 717 rims, Hope hubs, Maxxis High Rollers (2.1”), Continental Supersonic tubes.
Drivetrain: XT chainset, XT rear mech, XT 9-speed cassette, Deore front mech, Deore shifters.
Other bits: Easton EA50 stem, NC-17 680mm bars, original Orange seat post, WTB Rocket V saddle, Shimano M520 SPD pedals, Hope quick release seat clamp.

A bit of history;
I’ve owned this bike since new and have loved riding and looking after it over the past 10 years. Forks were fully serviced (by JE James of Sheffield) around Dec 2011. Swing arm pivot bearings were replaced at the same time. All gear cabling just replaced. The whole bike is in good condition for its age, there are a few cable rubs and a couple of scratches on the frame. Comes with spare rear mech hanger, new set of Hope brake pads and original manuals for both shocks.

Looking for £400, thanks. Cash on collection from Sheffield.

OrangeSub5-1 by davetodd10, on Flickr

A few more pics on Flickr;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7375693@N03/sets/72157632461347776/

Eek...I 'thought' it was in 'MTB For sale', although this was my first post on RetroBike, so there's every chance that I screwed up!

Where should it have gone?

No worries

It's an easy mistake to make when you don't look around the site before you post :LOL:

this section is for members sales where a price is needed and is for 97 and before bikes

the section you needed was for 98 and onwards bikes..this link will help for future needs of bikes newer than 98 and newer

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=39

Ah, thanks, that makes sense.

Just out of interest, what's do folk generally use 'MTB For Sale' for - components? / frames? / general MTB bits and bobs? There seem to be a few full bikes in there.

Feel free to ignore my last post! I've (finally) got my head around it...'MTB For Sale' is intended for Pre-1997 bikes and bits?

Sorry, the cold weather is obviously freezing my brain...

Back