Orange Evo2 Ltd

Bankzi

Retro Newbie
Hi all

Been out the game a while and looking for abit advice on getting my brothers Orange Evo2 Ltd rideable again.

It needs a rear derailleur, cable and chain as a minimum.
That said would probably make sense to change cassette and front cogs too?

Im wanting to know the best route to take and getting the right parts as its fitted with 9spd shimano XT gearing and as far as im aware they no longer make a 9spd in XT (or not that i can find) so whats the equivalent?
Would a groupset be more cost effective?

I feel confident in fitting all parts but like i said been out the game a while 🙈 Any advice greatly appreciated thanks

If I were you I'd measure the chain for stretch first. If it's not showing much wear then generally speaking the cassette and front chainrings will be okay and won't need changing.

You can get new unused XT 9 speed derailleurs on here and on eBay etc which would be more cost effective.

Hope this helps.

If I were you I'd measure the chain for stretch first. If it's not showing much wear then generally speaking the cassette and front chainrings will be okay and won't need changing.

You can get new unused XT 9 speed derailleurs on here and on eBay etc which would be more cost effective.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the reply, the chain had snapped and took out the derailleur. For the price of a cassette id probably just change it. Ill have a look out for parts on here, id need to double check the model of derailleur though. Cheers

Back