Orange Aluminium O , now purple anodised, pics page 3! update 01/12/23

I assume you've seen this thread regarding the anodising mate?

ok so i got the frame back from Trestan Finishers last monday, £40 for stripping it, i think they have done a really good job, what i wasn't expecting was this finish though, i expected the frame tubing to be smooth, but it's slightly rough, reminds me of the finish that used to be on santa cruz anodised frames from about 10 to 12 years ago.

so i'm not sure that it will look as it should anodised, but that said it could look awesome, just not how they were originally, because i liked that rough anodised santa cruz look, so it makes me think that the original anodised frames were finished differently before being anodised, i don't think this frame will polish up.

have emailed Acorn Anodisers to see what he thinks

what do you guys think?

Attachments

• alio1.jpg
    alio1.jpg
    363.9 KB · Views: 31
  • alio2.jpg
    alio2.jpg
    938.2 KB · Views: 29
  • alio3.jpg
    alio3.jpg
    439.4 KB · Views: 32
ok, a little update, i removed the bottle bosses etc, dropped the frame at the anodiser, hopefully pick it up either next monday or the monday after.

now bearing in mind the finish of the frame is different to the original frame i had that was anodised i picked a colour they had a sample of, it was purple but maybe a little more blue purple if that makes sense, so we'll see what it looks like in a couple of weeks.

will post pics as soon as i can

:)

so i got the frame back from Acorn Plating, steve did a great job (well i think it's great!) it cost £40 to have it stripped at Trestan Finishers, and Acorn charged me £80 for the ano job after a little more finishing prior to ano, it came out more purple than i thought, i thought it was gonna be a little more Dairy's milk bar rapper purple if you know what i mean.

but anyway here's some pics:)

purp5.jpg

purp4.jpg

purp3.jpg

purp1.jpg

Looks good :cool:

They have stripped the frame with 'media' blasting, hence the 'mat' finish. The frame would've needed to be polished before anodising to achieve a more shiny looking anodised finish rather than the more mat look.

The mat is nice though; just like the Santa Cruz as you mentioned :)

Cheers

Back