Wanted ONZA Hola Brake Arms

Seen someone just the other day selling repro arms. Had a search on here to no avail, must have been on a fb group.

They’re just lengths of 7075 with a bit of drilling for the hardware. Very easy to improvise I’d imagine?
Yes indeed. Had a set of two over time. They are just lengths of alloy bar with a thread at the top to screw in either the cable clamp or noodle holder assembly. I think there was also a groove at the bottom to fix the lower lobe position (pivot) where the bolt went through.

I liked these because it allowed you to switch sides depending on the frames cable guides. Converting a canti brake designed bike with side mounted cable stops becomes much easier.

The not so good were the alloy lobes, prone to cracking, often down to user error with over-tightening but I have experienced nos boxed ones already cracked. Not sure if it was just coincidence, but I found more luck with the black ones, and they looked cooler imho.

Can't help but think the machining of the lobes aided the cracking with the circular design cut into them, weakening the alloy and creating points of stress.

Improvepart is the one offering repro HOLA and HO.
Just not sure if his repros can be mixed with parts of original ones and if he's willing to just sell parts too.
If someone asks please share his feedback.

I personally have many short brake arms left by buying broken sets to combine them to get replacements for broken brake pad holder (called holder cam in the diagram below). Those brake most often but i have seen some broken brake arm holder (lower cam) too.
1000031199.jpg

Different idea, there was not long time ago a huge set for sale.
Not sure who has bought this, but maybe there are some HOLA included too?

I also agree to the idea that with some limited skills a HO could be changed to an HOLA.
I was trying to do same, but got then hold of a original HOLA (not for sale), so I gave up the idea.

Last edited:
Back