Numb, small hands and time for new grips

Imlach

Retro Wizard
Feedback
View
Hey,

Getting tired of my Odi Rogue grips. About to build a new bike and want something a wee bit more comfortable. I find that my thumb/surrounding area goes numb really easily these days (need a gp check up soon), it happens when I'm on my phone and when I'm playing instruments, but especially on the bike - it goes completely numb. I also found the Rogue's too hard, and I don't have that large a hand. So, I've been looking for more 'comfy' grips and have now ordered the Ergon GA3 in small. Anyone got experiences with that particular model? And what are your favourite grips for smaller hands - ideally some with good support but soft enough without getting too spongy?

Thanks

I used to use foam ritcheys, and I liked them but have become a bigger fan of lock ons and material that can be cleaned more easily

May be the angle your hands rather than the grips. Try bars with a bigger pull back angle...it opens the wrist joint and stops your median nerve getting squished....no more numb thumbs and index fingers.

The ulnar nerve is the other side of your hand ( little finger etc) and tends to get effected by leaning too hard like on drops at a bent up angle.

Dont ask me how i know.......

Had tried Ergon a couple of times with mixed results. Can remember which I didn’t like though. Have a pair of GE factory on the hardtail and quite like them but didn’t like them on the full suss.

Current favourites are DMR Deathgrips in extra soft race compound. I use the larger diameter but sounds like you’d prefer the smaller. Main grip is textured with ribs underneath and an inch of ODI mushroom style ribs where the thumb meets forefinger.

Had tried Ergon a couple of times with mixed results. Can remember which I didn’t like though. Have a pair of GE factory on the hardtail and quite like them but didn’t like them on the full suss.

Current favourites are DMR Deathgrips in extra soft race compound. I use the larger diameter but sounds like you’d prefer the smaller. Main grip is textured with ribs underneath and an inch of ODI mushroom style ribs where the thumb meets forefinger.
It was actually between the death grips and the ga3, I picked the ga3. Might buy the death grip as well, for comparison. Yet to fit the ga3, probably will get around to it today or tomorrow.

Thank you for your input :)

May be the angle your hands rather than the grips. Try bars with a bigger pull back angle...it opens the wrist joint and stops your median nerve getting squished....no more numb thumbs and index fingers.

The ulnar nerve is the other side of your hand ( little finger etc) and tends to get effected by leaning too hard like on drops at a bent up angle.

Dont ask me how i know.....

I'm going to look into that, thanks. If nothing works hopefully the doc can figure out why my hand has given up

Back