Sold NOS Mavic X517 Sup Wheelset, New Original 7 Speed 11 - 28t Cassette.

PeterPerfect

Senior Retro Guru
So, my last ever sale as I'm actually giving up the dabbling in bikes and spare parts to concentrate on getting out on my bike with nothing in my head other than taking in the countryside and avoiding people wherever I can, except, on the odd occasion when I travel back up to Yorkshire !

These were purchased back in 1998, paid for and stored in wheel bags and never collected. They have been dry stored in the bags all that time !

None of the components used in the building of these wheels was second hand/used, they were brand new.

Both of the rims are Mavic X517 Sup. They are both 36h with DT spokes. The skewers are the original genuine Shimano ones and one still has the paper label on it.

All I've done is wipe the rims which as led to a very minor bit of staining on the braking surface as it seems to have had some sort of protective coating on them. It's hardly noticeable but I think it only fair to point this out.

The hubs are Shimano STX Parallax FH - MC - 30.

The cassette is an original Shimano Hyperglide 11 - 28t; not a reproduction one.

So they are NOS; never used, never ridden on. Built up, placed into the bags and stored until they were discovered this month. They were built up at a bike shop in 1998 but never collected.

I would much rather that these were collected from me in person. I think it's pretty fair to say, there cannot be another set like this anywhere. If I were to post them, it would be by Royal Mail/Parcel Force 48 hour insured which, given their value, costs £20 to standard UK post codes only.

Collection preferred from the GL2 area of Gloucestershire.

Payment is by Bank Transfer.

£150 collected. £170 posted. Mavic1.jpg Mavic2.jpg

Attachments

• MAV2.jpg
    MAV2.jpg
    389.2 KB · Views: 46
  • MAV3.jpg
    MAV3.jpg
    752.9 KB · Views: 40
  • MAV6.jpg
    MAV6.jpg
    427.2 KB · Views: 42
  • MAV7.jpg
    MAV7.jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 37
  • MAV8.jpg
    MAV8.jpg
    498.8 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Okay so it's clear to me, given the responses I've had, that I need to sell the wheels on their own.

The wheels are £150 collected and £175 posted as detailed above. So no tyres.

I've also amended the payment details.

Please PM me if you want them. No dibs, it's more hassle than it's worth !

Last edited:
Back