New here - I usually ride a hard tail steel MTB

BiketoBasics

Dirt Disciple
Greetings - no, I'm not a bot. But, I am from Winnipeg Canada.

This is a bot. And remember, every time we fill out a captcha we're training these "things".

I get around by bike 365 here and currently use an 80's Kuwahara Sage (see below). In the winter, it is damn tough to do. Over the last 10 years or so, I have unintentionally retired three other previous HT MTB's; a GT Timberline with crackleure paintjob, a Canadian BRC Explorer and last fall, a Raleigh Elkhorn. All of them developed frame failures at different points on them.

Anyways, glad to be here as I think I'm among the likeminded.

DSC00646.jpg

DSC00151.JPG

Last edited:
I often see nice Kuwaharas on ebay and would love one but they're in the forbidden lands of North America

Hello, thank you for the welcome and for the Kuwaharan compliments. Does the job. These hard tail steel framed bikes are good lunchpail rides and can be had for quite cheap. The difficulty is in finding an XL. Excuse the workmate , Mate. I have several of them and that one just sort of ends up staying outdoors. He gets spritzed with oil every once in a while but the baltic birch clamp bars are getting weathered out.

There are some bike brands which are much more common this side o' the Pond and vise versa undoubtedly. How common is Norco over there? Here, like dandelions. Whereas, we don't see a Thorn, for example, too often here. What bike brands are native tothe U.K. but are obscurities even there? In Canada we had several, including Leader, Mellon, Mariposa, Lovell. Sekine made their home base not far from here when they were building bikes their in Canada.

Hello, thank you for the welcome and for the Kuwaharan compliments. Does the job. These hard tail steel framed bikes are good lunchpail rides and can be had for quite cheap. The difficulty is in finding an XL. Excuse the workmate , Mate. I have several of them and that one just sort of ends up staying outdoors. He gets spritzed with oil every once in a while but the baltic birch clamp bars are getting weathered out.

There are some bike brands which are much more common this side o' the Pond and vise versa undoubtedly. How common is Norco over there? Here, like dandelions. Whereas, we don't see a Thorn, for example, too often here. What bike brands are native tothe U.K. but are obscurities even there? In Canada we had several, including Leader, Mellon, Mariposa, Lovell. Sekine made their home base not far from here when they were building bikes their in Canada.
If you spot a Norco Bigfoot from the 80s in your neck of the woods and you wouldn't mind helping getting it to Denmark, let me know :D

Back