Mystery NOS frame

Tsundere

Fat Chance Fan
Feedback
View
There's no branding or identifying features except two serial numbers on the frame. The ITM stem is also numbered.
The canti mounts date it most likely to the 80's-90's but even that's not certain.
Can you identify this frame?

FRAME 1.PNG FRAME 2.PNG FRAME 3.PNG

FRAME 4.PNG FRAME 5.PNG FRAME 6.PNG
FRAME 7.PNG

FRAME 8.PNG

Last edited:
Very similar to this, except the front forks have slightly different bosses... I don't think it's a real DB though, so even if it's the same frame the mystery remains unsolved. DB.PNG

Wow! It must be a decent brand if it has an ITM stem.
Its was never painted? What are your plans?
That's the problem, until I learn a bit more about it it's hard to know how to proceed, I'm still waiting for it to arrive so I'll know more when it gets here. It could be anything from BSO to top tier, could hail from any time between the late 1980's or 2000's. I'm taking a bit of a gamble I know but it was reasonably cheap and even if it's dreadful quality steel it could still serve as a test frame for parts or a shiny pub bike.

First thing I'll do is remove the headset and BB, see what they are and then weigh the frame and fork, that will hopefully give some indication of the overall quality, and then I'll start thinking about what to do with it.

Its only simar in colour to that dbr, cable routing is completely different. Strange one, is it me or are there rack mounts on the drop outs but none on the frame?

It must have been stored well to barely have a rust spot on it being unfinished?

Good luck with discovering what it is, there are a few features on the frame that to me at least shout that it is not a bso. Other than that, no idea.

Its only simar in colour to that dbr, cable routing is completely different. Strange one, is it me or are there rack mounts on the drop outs but none on the frame?

It must have been stored well to barely have a rust spot on it being unfinished?

Good luck with discovering what it is, there are a few features on the frame that to me at least shout that it is not a bso. Other than that, no idea.
It looks like it's been chrome plated, that might explain the lack of any oxidization. Not entirely sure though. I can't see any rack mounts on the frame either.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts regarding those things that point to it not being a BSO though, that would be a win for me tbh, as long as it's not total crap then I'll be happy, really nervous about the weight though which for me will be the acid test.

Chainstay bridge gives you an idea of its position in a line up, low end rather than high end, ive probably got a kickstand somewhere that will fit in there.o_O

Back