My new bike! ( updated )

Thats a lovely build. Proper resto mod tourer. Love the lamp. I have what I believe to be a 1976 model, same colour, same decals and chrome to the forks but without the chrome rear stays. Currently set up fixed gear.

Brake lines and rear brake are up for sorting. I'm still in the beta-testing phase. Sooo much had to get done first, especially getting Argos to ream out that daft 26.3 seat tube.

Brake lines and rear brake are up for sorting. I'm still in the beta-testing phase. Sooo much had to get done first, especially getting Argos to ream out that daft 26.3 seat tube.
Garry & Mark are great Guys.. done allot of work for me 👍

A proper tourer that is. Back in the day before Mamils, Sportives etc in my neck of the woods in Ireland there were only two types of rider, racers was one and if you didn't race but owned a nice bike you were a tourist. :)

A proper tourer that is. Back in the day before Mamils, Sportives etc in my neck of the woods in Ireland there were only two types of rider, racers was one and if you didn't race but owned a nice bike you were a tourist. :)
The club I ( dis ) organise has road rides to nice pubs and coffee shops along low-to-no traffic routes. I guess we're tourists.

Updates....

The wheels worked so time for posh ones....

Dawes_hub.jpg

Royce front.

Dawes_Ultegra.jpg

Ultegra rear.

I felt like loosing a couple of pounds so off with the 4lb Brooks Professional and saddle bag and....

Dawes_saddle.jpg

...on with the Rolls and a fanny pack.

Dawes_decal.jpg

It's a hard working bike so I've heli-taped the most D-lock vunerable decal.

Dawes_brake.jpg

I've had serious issues with the V brake pads twisting so I've replaced the rear ones with old skool blocks and they're behaving.

Back