My Bouncy Bikes

TooHiBMI

Dirt Disciple
I spend more time fussing about my Kona's but these two are under appreciated in the garage. The Marin is a real workhorse that has required hardly any fettling and just works.

The Cannondale was gifted to my son by a generous neighbour as he knew we'd look after it. It's a great bike but the cassette/free hub has a tiny wobble which we think is why its not shifting gears smoothly.

Attachments

• MarinCannon.jpg
    MarinCannon.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 463
The Cannondale was gifted to my son by a generous neighbour as he knew we'd look after it. It's a great bike but the cassette/free hub has a tiny wobble which we think is why its not shifting gears smoothly.
A slightly bent derailleur hanger can sometimes be the source of your problem. Take it to a shop to be checked out, or make or buy a derailleur hanger alignment tool for yourself. Even a minor misalignment can result in significant skipping.

A cracked or broken chain stay could also be the source of the problem. Whether you believe it or not, the bike will still work fine if it is damaged. Here is a guide to change the oil for dirt bike. Because It's happened to me a few times, mostly with older steel frames. When you apply pressure to the frame, the entire frame distorts, resulting in skipping. Remove the steering wheel and inspect everything thoroughly.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back